Now Employee-Owned! After over 30 years of operating one of the top-rated hotel and restaurant companies in the South, the founders of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels (QW) announced on November 17, 2016 that it is now 100% owned by its 600+ staff members. This makes QW one of only a few employee-owned restaurant and hotel companies in the entire country. Learn more.
Mike Weaver, Nancy King Quaintance and Dennis Quaintance formed this company in April of 1988, and opened their first restaurant in Greensboro on June 5, 1989. They started QW because they are good friends and wanted to be in business together and because we believe that providing the services embodied in our mission will result in a successful company.
Dennis plays point with the operations of Quaintance-Weaver. Mike Weaver claims to be retired, but you can still see him doing positive things in so many parts of our community. Nancy King Quaintance plays roles on our marketing, sales, operations and culinary teams, as well as serves as a coach for some of our key leaders. The company has evolved over the years to become Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels and since its inception has opened more restaurants (Lucky 32 in Cary, and the Green Valley Grill in Greensboro) and the O.Henry and Proximity Hotels.
Keep up with us via our Neighborhood Newsletter from Dennis and Nancy King Quaintance, mailed from time to time. Sign up to receive it.
Read recent copies online.
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Owners (who are solely QW staff members), and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a clean, comfortable restaurant (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) afford compensation for those who contribute, b) increase the value of staff members’ ESOP retirement accounts and c) allow QW to grow.
- Consider sustainable practices in our social and physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine.)
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 West Wendover Avenue, Suite 320
Greensboro, NC 27408