Learn more and see Current Employment Job Openings and Career Opportunities with Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Now Employee-Owned! After 28 years of operating one of the top-rated hotel and restaurant companies in the South, the founders of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels (QW) announced on November 17, 2016 that it is now 100% owned by its 600+ staff members. This makes QW one of only a few employee-owned restaurant and hotel companies in the entire country. Learn more.
Mike Weaver, Nancy King Quaintance and Dennis Quaintnace formed this company in April of 1988, and opened their first restaurant in Greensboro on June 5, 1989. They started QW because they are good friends and wanted to be in business together and because we believe that providing the services embodied in our mission will result in a successful company.
Dennis plays point with the operations of Quaintance-Weaver. Mike Weaver claims to be retired, but you can still see him doing positive things in so many parts of our community. Nancy King Quaintance plays roles on our marketing, sales, operations and culinary teams, as well as serves as a coach for some of our key leaders. The company has evolved over the years to become Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels and since its inception has opened more restaurants (Lucky 32 in Cary, and the Green Valley Grill in Greensboro) and the O.Henry and Proximity Hotels.
About Chef Leigh Hesling: Since 2005, Leigh Hesling has been the Executive Chef of both Print Works Bistro and Green Valley Grill. Owing to his mantra of “nearer the farm to the fork, the better the flavor,” you will often see him at the farmers market or transporting fresh vegetables. Leigh’s appetite for fresh, local and seasonal ingredients stems from his upbringing on a farm in the mountains near Cairns, Australia, where his family grew much of what they ate, from livestock to fruits and vegetables. While his childhood instilled in him a healthy respect for those who work the earth, his formal culinary training started in Australia and took him to several countries before cooking at several restaurants in England, then traveling the world for five years as a chef with the Queen Elizabeth 2 and Royal Caribbean International. Green Valley Grill, located adjacent to O.Henry Hotel, is a Mediterranean-influenced restaurant with Tuscan sensibilities.
Keep up with us via our Neighborhood Newsletter from Dennis and Nancy King Quaintance, mailed twice each year. Sign up to receive it.
See recent copies online: Holiday 2016, Summer 2016, Holiday 2015, Summer 2015, Summer 2014, Fall 2013, Summer 2013, Fall 2012, Holiday 2011, Fall 2010, Fall 2009, Fall 2008, Summer 2008, Fall 2007, Summer 2007, Autumn 2006, Autumn 2005, Summer 2005, Autumn 2004, Spring 2004, Winter 2004, Autumn 2003, Summer 2003, Winter 2003, Autumn 2002, Spring 2002, Winter 2002, Early Autumn 2001, Late Spring 2001, Spring 2001, Winter 2001, Autumn 2000, Early Summer 2000, Autumn 1999, Spring 1999, Summer 1998, Winter 1997
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Owners (who are solely QW staff members), and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a clean, comfortable restaurant (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) afford compensation and benefits for those who contribute, and b) allow the company to grow. (QW is owned by the QW ESOP Trust, which exists solely to provide retirement benefits to QW staff members. We are 100% Employee Owned!)
- Consider sustainable practices in our social and physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine.)
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 West Wendover Avenue, Suite 320
Greensboro, NC 27408